uTorrent Woes

ChaosTrigger

I have been having trouble downloading certain files. Mainly music, I downloaded a movie with no problem. But when I attempt to download an album or some kind of music, it says that

"Unable to load Matisyahu_Discography.5216908.TPB(1).torrent": Invalid torrent file!

What does this mean? A friend said people might be seeding corrupted files, but this is the second audio file I've tried download with similar results. What should/can I do?

I think uninstalling an reinstalling might work, but I'm not sure how to do that either because when I tried that it just came up again with the same files I had downloaded before i unistalled

Those particular torrents may be simply unusable, as they were created by a broken torrent client...and only work on them. :(

Or you may be trying to load a torrent with extended character sets.

Or your internet web browser is corrupting the .torrent download!

Hard to say with what little I know so far...

I noticed that torrents that are bundled (like a whole season of a series or top 100 songs, etc.) cannot be opened and an invalid messages comes up. If I try downloading a single avi or xvid, it works. Please advise on why this has happned. This only occurred since yesterday. I appreciate for all the help. Thank you so much.

I don't know I'm just looking for a solution. My roommate's been having similar problems, he says it just takes forever to download. So I assume whatever it is is just on my computer, but our school is fixing the wireless Wednesday so I'm gonna wait till then to try to uninstall everything. I heard that its a complicated process, anyone know the steps?

I only have one computer unfortunately. However, I narrowed down the torrents that I cannot open (invalid). Torrents that contain multiple files such as a whole season of criminal minds or 100 top hundred songs. Single files are fine but anything more than that and it says torrent is invalid. I wonder what is causing this. This is the first time it ever happened. Please advise, thank you so much.

Archived