cant download @ all

lagerlout

new to this

Utorrent worked fine 4 a couple of weeks but all of a sudden it now loads torrents and peers and just stops dead no uploads/downloads @ all.

using

xp home

sygate firewall ( free)

dsl302g modem (doesn't appear to have firewall)

besides it worked fine for 2 or 3 weeks

using the latest beta (utorrent)

Nothing has changed since. It pretty much stopped working after 2 torrents finished 10 hours ago.

I'm with iiNet here down under. Scouring through the forums, I haven't found anyone else complaining about the ISP blocking ports. I installed some MS updates >48 hours ago, and rebooted.

Good call. I always forget the fact that I patched tcpip.sys

I will try that. I just looked in my zyxel and it seems that someone had blocked all WAN>LAN traffic, hence overriding any port forwards / upnp rules. Scratching my head who would have done that.

I'll let you know how I go.

Thanks

new to this

Utorrent worked fine 4 a couple of weeks but all of a sudden it now loads torrents and peers and just stops dead no uploads/downloads @ all.

using

xp home

sygate firewall ( free)

dsl302g modem (doesn't appear to have firewall)

besides it worked fine for 2 or 3 weeks

using the latest beta (utorrent)

hhhmmm, i'm using iihug as well

i've dropped back to 1.4 from the beta i'm downloading again albeit @ pitiful speeds 1kbs - 5kbs. spent 3 hours trying port numbers only to get them all to fail even ones portscan shows to be open. have followed the instructions for my firewall on pertforwarding and been through the instruction book for my modem. the tcp & udp ports shown as to be used by all programs in there give me a nat prob too

If you installed the patches Microsoft released last Tuesday, then repatch the TCPIP.SYS using lvllord's tool. Increase the number of simultaneous half-open connections to something like 100, and in µTorrent, change net.max_halfopen (in the Advanced section of the preferences) to something like 70.

I'm having this issue too, seems like I just can't connect. I hate to pester you but could get even more basic? I downloaded that file and ran it, saying yes when asked "Do you really want to change the limit to 50?" and I changed the net.max_halfopen to 70.

I'm not sure how to change the half open connections to 100, 50 is what popped up when I ran the EvID4226Patch.exe (when running it again it asks f I want to change it to 10). What are these things I'm changing?

If you installed the patches Microsoft released last Tuesday, then repatch the TCPIP.SYS using lvllord's tool. Increase the number of simultaneous half-open connections to something like 100, and in µTorrent, change net.max_halfopen (in the Advanced section of the preferences) to something like 70.

I'm also having this problem. This one solves it, thanks to Ultima

It allows more simultaneous half-open connections -- connections that aren't fully established yet. If all the slots are taken up, it will queue up the connections until each one becomes a full connection (or closes), thus slowing anything internet-related down on your computer. By upping the limit, we're widening the bottleneck. The reason we don't open it wider than 100 is because most normal applications won't need that much, and it can pose a security threat (worms and whatnot).

Archived