Webui 0.370 and demonoid torrents

Garethm1976

Hiya everyone,

I have just got a windows home server followed the instructions for installing utorrent (2.0 the latest version) installed webui 0.370, I can log into the webui by going to http://"WHS IP":port/gui/ and access utorrent from there.

The issues I am having is when I goto my registered Demonoid account and click on a torrent file and then click copy shortcut (to torrent file) and then try adding in the webui, nothing happens, the webui box just disapeers, I have also tried remote desktop into the server and adding the link in the actual utorrent client and it comes up "unable to load invalid torrent". If I save the torrent by clicking on the same link i tried to copy, then browse to the torrent and open it it works.This is problem 1 oh I am using internet explorer 8 and I have also tried with the latest firefox with no joy.

Problem 2 is to do with the WHS addin for utorrent, I have entered all the correct details that I have to access the webui, but when I click test configuration the bar shows red and will not show whats happening in utorrent.

Thanks for your time in advance and I look forward to a reply soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've also started having problems with demonoid torrents just recently. For some reason, pasting the URL into uTorrent either via Web or standard UI doesn't work. Nor does uploading the torrent file via webui. Only if I open the torrent file locally will the torrent load up properly.

Has anyone found out why this is occurring? There doesn't seem to be any help on the demonoid forum either.

I too am struggling here. This is what I have so far: Build 20165, webui is enabled and updated to v0.371 (edit). I went ahead and added the Fijian Warrior Edition iPhone UI, since that is the primary way I plan you use the webui.

I was able to connect without any problem and start downloading a torrent from a certain Bay where certain Pirates have been known to dock their ships. It is pretty cut and dry when the URL ends in .torrent. But demonoid is my preferred site and I need a little more explanation on connecting.

Now for the questions. If I am adding cookie log in info to my link, where does it go? here is a hypothetical link:

http://www.demonoid.com/files/download/1234567/7654321

I have read about the "uid=xxxx;pass=xxxxxxx" i just don't know where it goes.

I also noticed in the plain webui there is an option to add "torrent url:" followed by "cookies:" what does the log in information format look like there? i tried uid line i mentioned above and just plain "mylogin;mypasword."

I just made the jump to utorrent and I am very impressed so far and setting up the webui has been a breeze so far. I feel like I am so close but I am just missing one little piece or something.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies to this!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived