uTorrent 2.0 SLOW

elbeasto

Go Options>Setup Guide and have a play around. i thought unticking the Bandwidth box fixed it, but when i went back into the Setup guide, mine was ticked again, and my speeds not only reaching my shitful tops of 140kbps but staying there after what ever i did in the guide. so that's my best to help.

10 times faster download in version 1.8.4, not upgrading until 2.0 irons out this issue. I do think it's a minor bug somewhere that is not allowing it to download as fast as it could. With all the new features introduced this is not very surprising. It's only a matter of time until this is fixed.

• 1 month later...

bt.transp_disposition shouldn't be set to 0...that's only a "workaround" for v1.8.0 to 1.8.2. And even then it doesn't completely block incoming uTP.

For uTorrent v1.8.3 all the way to v2.1, setting bt.transp_disposition=0 means no incoming OR outgoing TCP or uTP connections. :P

• 3 weeks later...

"Because you're uploading at less than 500bytes/sec and people's clients flag you as an ungrateful leech.

Uploading too much chokes off your connection's ability to acknowledge and request downloads.

I'm grating because people like you NEED to be grated to get the point across." - DreadWingKnight

Unfortunalty for some people, such as myself, are not able to seed or seed well. My max download speed is 100kbits and upload at 15kbits. Though when I upload at 10-15Kbits my download drops down to 10-15Kbits: This means it would take me years to download anything substantial. I am very grateful to all those user who do seed and seed often as I rely on them, I do wish I could seed myself as I have quite a large collection of rare files that I am sure other people would be grateful for. When I had a different ISP, same bad copper telephone wires though, I did try and seed and get positive ratio; but frankly that just isn't possible for me at the moment. I have also tried seeding and when I do unlimit my uploads, like I mentioned above my download drops, but I also cannot connect to anyone to seed at anything above usual 0.6-2.0Kbits.

So instead, I give what I download to a friend and he uses his connection to share the files. So I do leech a lot of files but I try and seed them in whatever way I can.

Archived