tommyshango Posted February 17, 2010 Report Share Posted February 17, 2010 Ok I have been using utorrent for several years and have never really had any issues. Lately though I have gotten this weird bug where no matter what settings I try the torrents just wont download. Recently I downloaded a lot of stuff, like dozens and probably a hundred files. 95% of it downloaded like normal and then the last 6 files are stuck at 0%. So it was working correctly and now its not. That computer was running win 7 ultimate. I have a router using the tomato firmware with upnp enabled. I even forwarded the port to be sure. I get a green light so it says I have a proper connection. Its like suddenly it wont let me use utorrent. I tried encryption as well and have no reason to believe my ISP is involved. I have a 20/2 connection. I tried uninstalling the program including all my settings and I still get the same exact error. I turned off windows firewall. Nothing seems to work.I reloaded the torrent files and nothing. So I tried it on another computer on the same network and router. This was on vista 64 bit ultimate. I have never had utorrent installed on this computer before. Everything installed correctly. I loaded up the torrents to test them and get the same exact issue. Plenty of seeders and leechers and I am connected to them. I tried the ipv6 to see if that would do anything but nothing. I still have a green light. I tried forwarding that port as well which was a different port and different local ip as the other computer and nothing. Then I uninstalled everything and thought I would try the alpha build. STILL nothing. I use this program all day long every day for years and now it just wont work.I cant think of any other settings to try. The router with that firmware is so easy to use I dont see how that would do it. Maybe its blocking it somehow but I dont see where.I tried vuze and it worked perfectly. So its not the files which I already knew.I tried going back to 1.8.5 and get the same issues. I dont think UPNP is working it doesnt seem to show up in my router firmware. I also tried port forward like I said but that doesnt work.Uninstalled went back to 1.7.5 and now it works. I was getting 1Mbit down. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.