µTorrent 2.0.1 beta 18786

Firon

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On linux (using WINE), utorrent with gui.tranparent_graph_legend enable the cpu raises to 100% when the graph tab is clicked.

Disabling gui.tranparent_graph_legend solves the problem.

Please devs keep an eye on WINE :) , i know linux is not a target OS, but all versions of utorrent had worked flawlessly. And it works far better and faster than native aplications XD !!

Regards

SETUP GUIDE BUG

1) I checked port which is not currently forwarded

2) I got red cross icon and right result - port is not open

3) I checked port which is currently forwarded

4) I got green check mark icon and right result - port is open

5) I checked port which is not currently forwarded

6) I got red cross icon but result - port is open

wtfwcq.th.png

Firon:

No, it won't help. It's because of the way it's implemented (faked transparency with standard GDI)

another idea: so, maybe without the gray background at all ? like 100% transparent, just write the legend text as a part of the the graph's blue background , and draw the lines over them ?

What values of overhead are considered normal? I have 20-30kB on 1mbit connection.

2 active torrents, 512 total connections, 128 per torrent (typically it's ~90 active peers),

43310321f66d.png

So about 15-25% of traffic is getting wasted on overhead? Seems too much for me, what can I do to minimize it?

What values of overhead are considered normal? I have 20-30kB on 1mbit connection.

2 active torrents, 512 total connections, 128 per torrent (typically it's ~90 active peers),

http://s006.radikal.ru/i213/1002/c8/43310321f66d.png

So about 15-25% of traffic is getting wasted on overhead? Seems too much for me, what can I do to minimize it?

More connections = more overhead. Keep that in mind.

Very odd, after all these years this suddenly appears when I just now closed uTorrent:

utorrentdlld.th.png

As you can see I'm running Windows Vista. It's 32bit SP2 in fact.

Easy enough to fix by downloading and extracting http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180071 .

Right clicked msvbvm50.inf and choose install. No more error when closing uTorrent.

Very strange this just now popped up.

Perhaps it is because of http://support.microsoft.com/KB/976264 .

But why does Windows Vista think uTorrent needs Visual Basic 5.0 Run-Time Files in the first place. Is this really the case?

after the resolution initiating outbound UDP traffic, many ISP seen incredible growth in the number of PPS, as Utorrent reduces the size of UDP packet to very small values. Begins to fall HARD, lost packets other traffic. Maybe should prohibit the creation of very small packets, or otherwise bring to mind the transfer of data via UDP?

2.0.1 will reduce the overall PPS for you compared to 2.0, since it uses a larger initial packet size (600 bytes instead of 300) and ramps it up more quickly/intelligently.

Still, high rates of UDP traffic are something you're gonna have to live with as time goes by, since there's more VoIP and other protocols that use UDP that are growing dramatically.

Archived