µTorrent 2.0.1 beta 18786

Firon

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

protospork, does the built-in skin do that?

- Feature: Add option to not report problems

Where can it be found?

Um, we added the option, but forgot to actually expose it in the settings. Sorry! :D The next build will have it. It will be 'gui.report_problem'.

See post on 2010-02-20 22:02:23

Just shut utorrent down, lost internet suddenly, yet it is still running according to task manager process list. "Access denied" again when I try to terminate it. Logging off didn't do it last time - indeed, it sprang back to life when I logged back in again, so I have to reboot to fix this.

Whassup?

DreadWingKnight, as i explained earlier, packing uT with upx as it's now disables nice security feature of newer windows: ASLR. As uT is one of the most exposed to external attcks application i run (alot of connections, external listening port) i think it should have ASLR enabled.

@rafi

net.calc_overhead = true

max upload slots per torrent = 4

As for low upload limits, well the DSL maxes out at 60KBytes/sec upload, so 45 is as high as I can go. At least with this build, the overhead is included in the 45, whereas before, my internet connection would be completely plugged up no matter how low I set the UL limit.

BTW, what would be the best graph for me to screenshot?

Can't say isp.bep22 works for me...

We have all required DNS records, retracker is hosted on my PC...

Here's nslookup, what BEP22 should do itself (some lines changed and/or omitted):

> 217.26.__._

Name: myhostname.itaec.ru

Address: 217.26.__._

> _bittorrent-tracker._tcp.itaec.ru

_bittorrent-tracker._tcp.itaec.ru SRV service location:

priority = 5

weight = 0

port = 80

svr hostname = retracker.local

> retracker.local

retracker.local internet address = 217.26.__._

I stopped all torrents, then deleted manually added "retracker.local/announce' from several torrents and started them... Then, I expected to see those torrents to be announced to my retracker by BEP22, but that did not happen...

What I did wrong?..

Delete the torrent and re-add it. If you manually remove the tracker, it won't add it again.

Can anyone explain this - automated message saying that someone had replied to my post above - but there is no reply! Setx's message is nothing to do with mine

Today 18:23:33

SEtx

Re: µTorrent 2.0.1 beta 18284

DreadWingKnight, as i explained earlier, packing uT with upx as it's now disables nice security feature of newer windows: ASLR. As uT is one of the most exposed to external attcks application i run (alot of connections, external listening port) i think it should have ASLR enabled.

SEtx has replied to the topic 'µTorrent 2.0.1 beta 18284' to which you are subscribed. There may be more new replies, but this is the only notification you will receive until you visit the board again.

The post is located at http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=458070#p458070

You can unsubscribe by going to http://forum.utorrent.com/misc.php?unsubscribe=68992

Strange results while downloading:

2af07d209743t.jpg

First graph: two pits in the center are visible, end is quite optimistic

Second graph: another slowdown, torrent was at about 70% [113 kb/s are from another torrent, this one nearly stopped with 5 kb/s or so]

All seeds connected were using 2.0.1 client

Custom options: 100 half-open connections limit, disabled legend transparency

also note: 2x overhead when seeding on low speed. my experience: it's sort of constant, cause when you seed on 2 Mb/s, you get 50 kb/s overhead, and when you seed on 50 kb/s, you also have almost same overhead

Archived