Jump to content

µTorrent 2.0.1 beta 18786


Firon

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, this is because the new uTP header was actually slightly broken in 2.0. We only discovered it a few days ago. It's fixed in this build, and we'll do a new 2.0 today to fix it there as well (with a few other minor fixes).

In the meantime, you'll only be able to connect to other 2.0.1 users if you have the new header enabled, until other people get the fixed 2.0.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did few tests and found the same problem - when uTP enabled router periodically resets the connection, the interval may vary from one minute to few hours, the effect may continue for some hours after shutting down uTorrent, but then everything is working normally.

Another thing - uTP works! It reduces the speed when other programs are active, but ... when only few peers are connected, and, of course, at least one of them through uTP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

issues in 18408:

1. when net.uTP_dynamic_packets_size - is set to false (for using only large uTP packets), the packets' size is still changing when an UL limit is being set .

2. uTP overhead is still high (small packets on connections with low upload capacity and a relatively low upload limit is set)

some more details are in here:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=463418#p463418

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope this is the right thread to post.

I have until now, always updated uTorrent including betas, without any problems.

But with 2.0.1 beta 18408, I get messages from 2 different sites that the client is banned.

I, myself haven't noticed any malfunction with the uTorrent client...

Maybe this is their standard response to betas, and that I have just been "lucky" before?

For your knowledge/information!

Fo3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The uTorrent.exe process won't end after exiting the program. It cannot be ended from the task manager either, an "access denied" message is displayed. This happens about 80% of the time, usually after uTorrent has been working for a while.

Only log-off or restart helps and it's getting annoying having to do that every time I close uTorrent. It also happens with 2.1 alpha. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit and the latest uTorrent build.

I've read about a few other people having this problem but in these cases it was caused by ZoneAlarm. I've never used ZoneAlarm. I also didn't have this problem with 1.8.5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This might be true for 2.0 also but I just noticed it now...

When I download from a local peer and the L speed is shown at the bottom along with the D and new O speeds there isnt enough room for all of them to be shown completely and the O gets cut off.

In other words the speeds should be moved more right to allow them to be fully shown. this shouldnt be a big deal since there isnt anything going on down there until the green check mark in the middle of the window. sorry I couldnt provide a screenshot but my local downloading is very sporadic and I couldnt catch it in time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've already complained extensively about that visual problem with the status bar's speed sections to Firon.

Edit: For anyone who's wondering how there could ever be too much text to fit a section of the status bar...

Template: U: [aaaaK] bbb kB/s L: ccc kB/s O: ddd kB/s T: eee GB

Example: U: [1500K] 1.05 MB/s L: 527 kB/s O: 98.6 kB/s T: 1.60 GB

When all fields in the speed section are visible with non-trivial values, you'll find that the resulting string is indeed way too long. That, and it can actually be pretty freaking difficult to parse by eye because there is no real separation between the fields.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That doesn't solve any problems (or introduce any benefits) at all. What happens if the user is downloading at 1.2 MB/s, with 100 kB/s overhead? The proper unit still has to be displayed, and local transfer rates would still cause the text to be too long for the status bar section. The fact of the matter is, these breakdowns aren't essential in most situations. There is no reason they must be visible at all times. Placing the breakdowns into a tooltip (for use when the user actually needs the breakdowns specifically) makes much more sense, and is more scalable should new metrics ever need to be added. With tooltips, the status bar's speed sections can be shrunk again to former sizes, since the format would only have to (and will always) be:

U: [aaaaK] bbb kB/s T: ccc GB

A win for screen real estate and readability.

As for coloring, I disagree with it purely on standards and aesthetics. I've never seen any (decent?) Windows application use colored text in the status bars, and quite frankly, I don't think it's that way without reason. Colored text on the status bar is far from native looking, won't be pretty, and won't be usable -- especially when the status bar's background would provide for relatively low contrast with such colors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GUI bug: it does not remember selected columns when switching between torrents and RSS feeds.

To reproduce:

1. On torrents list, right click on columns, uncheck 'Added on'

2. Switch to RSS feeds. 'Added on' column is there.

3. Switch back to torrents liks, 'Added on' is back on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...