[REQ] Option for Automatic Use of Complete Files

Loatroll

Okay, there's a dialog that asks if you want to use the files in the "completed downloads" folder no? (when you wish to seed something that you've already downloaded), I simply want a option to do this automatically :-)

A Picture says more than a thousand words:

window7cf.png

It doesn't ask if you want to use the files in the completed download folder; It asks you if you want to move the files to a new folder once they are completed. If you check the box to automatically download files to a certain folder, and you have the complete files in that folder, once the torrent loads, it will check the files and begin to seed them from that folder (the defualt download folder). Unless i am missing something, you aren't really asking for a new feature. If you are, please clarify because from you explaination, i get nothing, and if i can't understand it, I doubt the developers will.

I (and I am rather certain there's more than me) use Two folders for downloading Torrents. One for "Incomplete Torrents" (otherwise know as the default download folder) and One for "Complete Torrents". I want a option to use this behaviour (to use the files already in the "Complete Torrents") to be automatic.

He's asking for uTorrent to automaticlly check if the torrent he wishs to seed is in the completed folder, which makes sense if he uses that option.

But it also makes sense to ask this, since overwriting data or just redownloading the torrent is usualy not the wanted feature. Automatic things tend to cause problems. At least now you can blame the user for choosing the wrong option ;)

Archived