Upgrade has killed all activity

Jucealala

The seeds/peer ratio has been excellent, one item I am attempting to download has over 12,000 seeds with peers coming nowhere near that. My current library is pretty extensive, although I have noticed that only one item has been seeding this entire time. :S I've been trying to download a range of things, if it was just one I could understand that, but this is many items from different sources.

Confirming issue.

Upgrading to 2.0 caused some slowdowns, upgrading to 2.0.1 beta resulted in total congestion. Reverting to 1.9 (build 13910) solved problems.

System specs:

Windows Xp, Sp3, firewall with all routings (and port forwarding in), router with hardware firewall (and port forwarding in).

Checked all possible logs - no issues.

Number of torrents: 40.

uTorrent settings (Bandwidth):

- Maximum upload rate: 20 kB/s

- Global maximum number of connections: 40

- Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 30

- Number of upload slots per torrent: 3

- Use additional upload slots if upload speed < 90%: checked

uTorrent settings (Queuing):

- Maximum number of active torrents: 12

- Maximum number of downloads: 2

Additional observations:

- upgrade from 2.0 to 2.0.1 resulted in 2.0.1 doing nothing, had to kill process to get it working... it downloaded a single torrent, then it went back to doing nothing

- killing process worked only from time to time

- reverting to 2.0 improved things, but when I reverted to 1.9 everything started to run at the intended speed

Regards,

Ruemere

PS. Registered to post this. Quite a few of my acquaintances reported similar issues.

Somewhat weird setup, I admit. It allows for fast download (large number of requests for a single torrent), and then for an even spread of seeded torrents. At the same time, my Windows Xp and hardware do not hit the ceiling with regard to the number of available connections.

Weird, but works. Worked until 2.0, at least.

Regards,

Ruemere

I have just received another update which I was more than happy to accept. I actually have activity now!! It's still ridiculously slow but at least it is working.

I have downloaded OpenOffice as instructed, and have searched their website for quite awhile now, so here is maybe the dumbest question you will ever be asked:

How does it work? Whenever I open it, I get an MS office style program open. I really don't understand how to use it in conjunction with utorrent.

Ah. I must have forgotten to read that bit. Well, it's installed, it seems pretty useless considering I have MS office :S

It did download, it was super fast, I think it was about 480kb/s which I've never had before. No problems with download or upload.

So this means that utorrent does work, for some reason these specific torrents are the problem?

Archived