How does uTorent handle internet downtime?

hwfanatic

I've been searching a bit on the board, and I've been trying to figure this out for myself, but I have come to no concrete conclusion. The question is fairly simple. If a PC running uTorrent looses it's connectivity for some time, how will it react, and how well will it be able to continue proper operation once the internet access is restored? Also, will the possible change of IP affect the outcome? Thanks in advance.

Every BT Client would be the same, it'll reconnect, resume the download, and the changes of IP doesn't affect the client.

The only thing it'll affect is the torrent, the torrent might not work because the hash failed the authorization from the tracker, it's because some of the torrent you downloaded has private torrent website's limitation (IP forbidden, or hash key limitations, etc.).

The only thing it'll affect is the torrent, the torrent might not work because the hash failed the authorization from the tracker, it's because some of the torrent you downloaded has private torrent website's limitation (IP forbidden, or hash key limitations, etc.).

What are you talking about? From what I understand, only older trackers that associate IPs with accounts, not passkeys, would do this.. Otherwise, there should be no problems whatsoever.

edit: Just block all µT traffic with a firewall if you want to test out the situation..

"How does uTorent handle internet downtime?"

With no problem at all. ;) Every 24 hours my ISP renews my IP, and for about 30 seconds or so, µTorrent stops sending/receiving data, the modem reconnects, I get a new IP, and µTorrent resumes operation. Never failed me so far. :)

Maybe my post wasn't clear enough. :P

µTorrent is up since 2 weeks ago. Lost connection for 3 days and µTorrent was left up, of course without any connection. The 4th day Internet returned and so µTorrent started to connect to trackers and peers for all the downloading torrents.

Archived