NAT Port changes randomly

OpatheOne

Hi,

i had the Port 49152 forwarded and it all worked great. But since yesterday the NAT Port changes and i cant change it back.

@ Preferences - Network i have the Port 49152 but if im looking in Options - Speed Guide there is the Port 49153 (yesterday it was 49152) opened and i cant change that. I wanted to forward the Port but somehow i cant connect to the Interface of my D-Link 604 Router....

How can i change the damn port ?

Thx

• 1 year later...

I am having exactly the same problem, I tried deleting the settings.dat & old files, It fixed it for 10 seconds then it went back to normal. I am having the same problem on my XP Pro machine Utor ver1.61 & on My Vista Ultimate machine Utor ver 1.73. it only recently started to be a problem about 3 weeks ago!

the port I am using is 50047, It keeps changing to 50048

• 6 months later...

i have this same problem. just started in the last week or so. i'm on 1.6.1 because that's the most recent version that a couple of sites i use allow.

worked fine until recently. current port changes to "Set Port + 1" when i look at Speed Guide. >:-(

is this some kind of weird uTorrent virus?

I don't know the specifics on it. It's unfortunate the sites you're a member of refuse to honor current uT stable releases. Do they give any reasoning behind banning the whole 1.7 line?

I'm not usually apt to go for uT support elsewhere, but in cases where sites tell you and presumably offer you to download utorrent.exe from their site (as it's not linked to by any official entity related to uT) I think turnabout asking these sites for this type of support is fully justified since (in general) they are clueless about the clientlist they ban if they think anything changed between 1.6 and 1.7

Archived