Jump to content

Recently started to have issues


Recommended Posts

Hi, i've read through the faqs and done what it asked me to do but so far im still having this problem.

Im currently running a 1mpbs connection which gives at most 102kb/s dl speed. The max upload speed from them is about 30kb/s which is what i have it at in preferences.

About a week ago i started to get some super low speeds at most about 30kb/s. My windows corrupted then so i just reinstalled it last night and only tried utorrent. Without any firewall or virus scanners im using the open office torrent and im getting a max of 14kb/s.

I even contacted my isp provider and asked them about any restrictions but my area has nothing along those lines and my neighbors speed is perfectly fine. So im not sure whats wrong here.

The network status bar is green not to mention im not getting the error: insufficient resources thing anymore either.

Speedtest result: dl speed 0.86 mb/s ulspeed: 0.32 mb/s


Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz

2.99 GHZ 0.99Gb of Ram

maybe i should try upgrading to the new beta one?

edit: ok upgraded to the new beta and the speed is actually worse now lol so that didnt help

any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ok i tried both of what you said still no improvement regular torrents go up to about 23kb/s and open office is still the same around 9kb/s

i did the system scan from hijack this:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 5:44:01 PM, on 2/22/2010

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP3 (6.00.2900.5512)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:







C:\Program Files\Thomson SpeedTouch\ST330\service\st330service.exe



C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe






C:\Program Files\Thomson SpeedTouch\ST330\diagnostics\diagnostics.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe


C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe


C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe


C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32



O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe


O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [skyTel] SkyTel.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [diagnostics] "C:\Program Files/Thomson SpeedTouch/ST330/diagnostics/diagnostics.exe" /icon -l:en

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~1\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{49BEE7A9-70D6-49F3-8C49-96D450BEEED2}: NameServer =

O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

O23 - Service: SpeedTouch 330 Manager (st330service) - THOMSON Telecom Belgium - C:\Program Files/Thomson SpeedTouch/ST330/service/st330service.exe


End of file - 3215 bytes

I don't think theres anything wrong with my system but im not sure. Just wondering but what type of settings are you using on your utorrent?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use a very messed-up version of my 1 megabit/sec upload settings. Far fewer connections, but higher upload speed. My sustained upload speed exceeds your peak.

While I can use uTP peer/seed connections, I generally get bad results when I do...so I typically have it disabled. I expect the next stable release of uTorrent to vastly improve uTP reliability and speed.

I wonder what this does:

O23 - Service: SpeedTouch 330 Manager (st330service) - THOMSON Telecom Belgium - C:\Program Files/Thomson SpeedTouch/ST330/service/st330service.exe

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...