ZoneAlarm Vs UTorrent

debianne3

I think my firewall is blocking my file downloads. Does anyone know how to configure this firewall program? I'm guessing that I need to add an expert rule to the firewall. The fields are source, destination, protocol and time.

I have an old(free) version of zonealarm so I can't use their forum for this question. :)

Thanks!

Debbie

I think Expert rules are needed, even if you give full permissions. I thought I was fine too, with Network OK and port forwarding tests showing the green light, but when I set an expert rule and other stuff, things instantly speeded up.

@debianne3: Try following my walkthrough. It might not be exactly the same, but you get the general gist of the thing from reading it =]

Ultima: this is most interesting. I will follow your walkthrough and see if there is any improvement...

Under the Internet Zone tab, check the Allow incoming UDP ports, Allow outgoing UDP ports, Allow incoming TCP ports, and Allow outgoing TCP ports. In each one, specify the port number you're trying to open up

which ports would these be?

Hm... that's a good question -- I must have had some reason for editing the post and adding it (I originally didn't include outgoing before that edit), though I don't remember why now... Ignore that part and see if the guide helps any. If you're already getting good speeds (which I suspect you are), it might be useless, but oh well.

Thanks. I just made that change. I'll bet you modified the outgoing ports to allow seeding. Just a thought. Anyway, I updated them both. Still having the problem that I thought was firewall related, though. See my post under "Files missing from job..."

Thanks for all your help. Wish I could send chocolates to everyone! LOL!

Debbie

Archived