Websites not opening when utorrent running

pichoscosama

I have the same problem, I didn't change any settings or anything, it WAS working fine with 2.0 but then it stopped working fine. I tried updating and it updated to 2.0.1 beta and I'm still having the same problem. It seems to shut down all other traffic on my entire network. Why did this start happening?

I tried your guide and it didn't help. Some more info I'm running windows 7 x64 ultimate, router is d-link dir-855, no firewall except windows firewall (have program AND port exceptions), no antivirus, comcast, and I'm not sure what modem. I just don't understand why everything would be working perfectly then suddenly one day without changing anything on my computer it wouldn't be working correctly. One thing to note is that when I'm downloading torrents with uTorrent I can't get any other network activity on my entire network to work.

I very much doubt this, from what I've read the DIR-855 can handle a maximum of 200 connections, i have utorrent set to 150, it's also been a very solid router with no problems and very fast speed. Not to mention I've downloaded enough at a time in utorrent to pull a 3mbps download speed total with absolutely no problems, I've been doing this for many months on this router, now all it takes is a single torrent with only several connections downloading at a 100kbps for it to do this. From what I've been reading on this forum it seems as though there's probably a bug with 2.0 and up, do you know if tech is looking into this? I think if they're not they probably should be.

@wratloki,

I think version 2.0 is buggy. I downgrade to 1.8.5 and everything is fine.

I read the whole forum. All of them claiming our modems or firewalls. Then why is version 1.8.5 is working normally? Anyway, always there will be a better program. If they continue to make crappy versions of utorrent then any other application take the chair of utorrent.

Archived