uTorrent 2.0 - Causes Internet Issues While On

utorrent_rand27

Note i spent 3 days troubleshooting this problem, i thought it was my PC, however i found out it was the updated uTorrent 2.0 that caused my internet to shut down. At first i thought it was just a WINSOCK or TCPIP settings, edited, add modifiers, deleted other Modifiers, reset all the settings. Reset Winsock as well. I installed windows XP SP2 on 3 different Hard Drives. Yes extreme but having back up Operating System is good. I also took apart my PC cleaned it and checked my PCI adapters for overheating, not the problem either.

I also went though the uTorrent troubleshooting forum and ya didnt work. I ran across another Forum that described my same exact problem. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=458298

My problem is while uTorrent is on downloading my internet connection for my web-browsers go out, Internet explore 6,7,8. Opera 10.0,Opera 10.10. Firefox 3.5.3 Firefox 3.6. Once uTorrent Starts up it only takes less than 1 minute to affect my internet web-browsing and less than 3 minutes i lose the ability to access any remote host like www.google.com or www.onelook.com or any other host with a fast response time. Anyways as i figured out uTorrent 2.0 is the problem once installed and any time it or any other Torrent program is online my web-browser ability goes out.

Idk what uTorrent 2.0 changes or does after installing or while in use, but it messes up that connection. Im still able to download. However even uTorrent ends up with problems resolving IP addresses / remote host, the longer uTorrent is online the worse both browsing gets and the worse uTorrent has with updating trackers.

My Final Solution to fix this problem myself, im going to install a fresh copy of windows on another Hard drive since i got like 5 or 6 of them. Install all my additional drivers like always, Disable my LAN internet, install my ZoneAlerm FIrewall, install uTorrent 1.8 and add it to the block list of the firewall, open uTorrent and disable its ablity to auto-update before i re-enable my LAN internet and re-enable my firewall to allow uTorrent to acess the internet.

Also just a suggestion, where is the uTorrent uninstaller when you need it lol, also why not have the ablity to backup old uTorrent programs so you can go back to an earlier version of uTorrent, you know ones that dont cause problems so its more user-friendly.

ZoneAlarm wasnt on, and i like zonealarm over the other firewall/anti-virus/anti-spyware/application blocking programs i've used. As for the information requested i didnt care to turn on uTorrent again to get the build info and the other info is sorta unimportant cause this problem has nothing to do with OS.

I'll be back tommarow after i install a fresh copy of windows and have an older verison of uTorrent set up and working just fine. takes only about 2 hours but i've been researching all day long today and to lazy to wait around for a PC reboot.

Now i got to rebuild 5 OS systems just cause 2 drives are empty, 3 are tainted by a small bug.

Archived