Disconnecting from Lord of the Rings with uTorrent running

CrazylikE

Hello.

I don't know if this belongs in this part of the forum, but I'm giving it a shot.

I have been using uTorrent for years and I love it, would never change to any other bitorrent application.

I am playing Lord of the Rings Online (the MMO), and heres my problem. I get randomly disconnected from the LotrO server when running uTorrent in the background. I have had this problem since I started playing the game, but never found out what caused the disconnects until recently. And I have been testing it out a lot and I am 100% sure its uTorrent that makes me disconnect.

I have never had this issue with any other game, so it must be something with uTorrent that LotrO doesnt like, but I have no idea what it could be. I tried getting help with this on the LotrO forums but nobody seems to understand what is causing the disconnects, so I'm hoping for some answers here.

One thing for sure, it is not my internet connection (30Mbit/30Mbit fiber), because I get disconnected without downloading/uploading anything, my connection is very stable and never dropped for me yet. If I start LotrO and then start uTorrent after, I instantly get disconnected.

This is really getting annoying, as I'm addicted to both uTorrent and LotrO, so I really hope someone can shed some light on how to fix this.

Thanks /CrazylikE

Edit: And to make it clear, this happens with 2.0 _and_ older versions, so it doesnt matter what version of uTorrent I'm running.

I don't think my router is the problem, since my internet connection doesn't drop. Only my connection to the LotrO server is dropped. Am I wrong? Actually, a part of my connection to the LotrO server always remains, because I can see people chat in-game, I just can't move nor see anyone else move, and after a minute or two I am completely dropped.

It's like uTorrent blocks some of the packages sent from me to the server or the other way around or both.. is this even possible?

Your computer's software firewall is my guess, but even the router could suffer from UDP overload.

It's almost certainly not speeds that soft-"kill" the router or firewall, whichever it may be.

Typically disabling DHT, Resolve IPs, and now uTP and/or Teredo/IPv6 usually makes all but the most worthless router work ok.

Please explain to me why I have no issues with other games, but only LotrO then? I have played Counter-Strike/Source, Star Trek Online, World of Warcraft and loads of other games, even when uploading and downloading with 3.5MB/sec both ways. And then LotrO disconnects only opening uTorrent, not even having any active downloads or uploads. How can that overload anything?

Ok, so help me understand why having uTorrent open without any traffic would make me disconnect then? This shouldnt be any different than _not_ having uTorrent open? Or am I missing something?

DHT/UPnP/NAT-PMP has been disabled since the start. Can't find Resolve IP's anywhere, and I just turned off the "Bandwidth Management" option, but doubt this will solve my problem, will let you know if it does. Anything else I can do? If not, I guess I don't have any other choice than to change BT application and see if that helps..

right-click in peers window/tab of a torrent to disable Resolve IPs.

Any RSS feeds active?

Is Teredo/IPv6 present?

uTorrent tries to "link up" with it at start, should show a message in uTorrent's logger window/tab.

Also enable more options in the logger window...right-click and turn on EVERYTHING but the verbose stuff.

Archived