Set specific default for piece size of new torrents

SyKoTiK

I think it could be beneficial to some of us users if there were a way to specify what size pieces we would like for newly created torrents. For example, I like to use 256kb or maybe even 512kb size pieces for my torrents regardless of their full file size so that others become seeders more quickly. I looked all through the Advanced options for a setting that adjusted the default piece size to what I want, rather than "auto-detect" but I was unable to find anything. If I'm simply missing something, or looking in the wrong place, please correct me. Otherwise, I think it should be a feature added to the 2.0.1, 2.1, and all other future builds.

True, but by having too large of piece sizes, for example 4.00MB pieces, it can take quite a while depending on the connected peer's speeds, to transmit each piece. In an "Initial Seeding" scenario, as opposed to a typical seeding scenario, it may take considerably longer to transmit each piece to a specific peer before switching to another set of peers for the next set of pieces to transmit.

In contrast, with what I'm doing by transmitting pieces that are 256kb or 512kb each, I am able to transmit each piece very rapidly regardless of the connected peer's speeds. Thus allowing the total torrent to be seeded completely throughout all peers at a MUCH more rapid pace.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But, logically, what I just said makes sense. This is the technique used by many of my team members exactly for this reason.

Archived