Tray Icon speed controls (in Win 7 64)

Stormbow

When I right click on the tray icon, left click Download or Upload Limit, and left click to select an option, the speed does not show as the same as if I were in the uTorrent client, right click a torrent, left click bandwidth, and select a speed for Upload or Download.

Example: At most times, in the client, I'm showing unlimited upload and download. If I right click the tray icon and change the speed to 25kb for example, the client continues to show unlimited speed selected.

The question of "which one is correct?" leads me to believe this is (yet another?) of Win7x64's uTorrent bugs.

OH. Those. Um, they're not necessarily supposed to be the same, since each torrent may have their own limits separate from the global. I think the per-torrent bandwidth limit menus are limited to values below the respective global rate limit. And rightfully so, because it makes no sense to have a global upload rate limit of 20 KiB/s, and then for the user to be able to set a per-torrent rate limit of 200 KiB/s -- it'll never reach that high if the global rate limit says 20 KiB/s only.

Oh, I didn't really think of the global speed thing until after I posted those pics. Good to know!

As for the menu, I think it's just showing that short list because I've got it set to low bandwidth for that particular torrent. (Sound right?)

I do see the longer lists when I have the global speed set to something other than the current (in those screenshots) of 25kb max.

==================================================

I guess that makes this bug report "resolved".

Thanks for the help!

Archived