Invalid download state, try resuming (network drive)

Pansophist

Okay, I've tried a couple different things now and I'm resorting to the internet community to help resolve my issue.

A heads up: this all started when we installed ATT Uverse into our apartment in place of TWC (triple the upload speed, and reliable download speed instead of variable).

They installed their crappy 2-wire modem/router/all-in-one device in place of my (old, but reliable) wrt54g with tomato on it. I forwarded the single port for utorrent, and I'm leaving everything else standard so that later this week I can set the 2wire to go to the wrt54g in a dmzplus, and use everything from there. I'm rambling, but I figured background information is always useful.

Nothing has changed on my network except for the router switch. The only other difference is that perhaps there is more bandwidth going from my computer to the server due to the increased upload speeds (40-> 120) (through a gigabit switch, so this still shouldn't be a problem).

When I started noticing this (I'd seen it before), I just did what I always did - resumed the torrent. But it's becoming a continuous problem, and is happening at least every hour. I installed two services to run every hour to kill/restart utorrent so that they would automatically start back up again, but I'm still noticing them going down within 10-15 minutes.

Also, sometimes when I try to resume the torrents, uTorrent will just completely freeze, and I'll have to kill the process manually, then restart it. I'm using the beta build 18284.

I'm open to any testing, any advice, etc. I already removed the anti virus temporarily to see if it was perhaps doing it because of an indexing service, but, like I said, I've been using this network/pc/server setup for over 6 months without a problem, it just recently started happening.

I can post a process explorer, or hijackthis log if requested (as I saw mentioned in an earlier thread).

I don't recall "Invalid download state" *EVER* being caused by poor internet connections.

Is the network drive connected directly to the computer via an Ethernet cable or to a router/switch/hub?

Some network cards on motherboards are simply junk, at least if using Nvidia's motherboards with their networking firewalls. :(

Like I said, the only thing that has changed is the amount of throughput (and, all things considered, that really hasn't changed that much, as before the download speed was higher), and the modem/router/switch combination. I can't replace the crappy uverse modem they gave me, but I plan on setting up a different switch in place to test if that is the issue. Thanks for the idea.

I do have an nvidia board on the computer that is receiving the download from the internet, and a foxconn board on the server. However, I never experienced any previous problems with this.

I'll just continue testing it. Thanks for the feedback!

I actually had to google, as I have never dealt with nvidia's network access manager. I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm usually pretty careful about what I use and what gets installed. I don't recall seeing anything along those lines, or installing anything, but as I understand it, it used to be force installed with video drivers and motherboards of the evga brand when updating.

I'll look into it when I get home, thanks. But again, I don't understand why this issue would present itself now after all this time using the board.

Archived