Torrents Won't Resume After Recent Powercut

djSiege

I had my computer switch off yesterday while Utorrent was running. Now when I run it again, the torrent I was downloading stays at 0%. It says 0% checked, but then it stays at 0% and clicking resume isn't even an option. The (some incomplete, some not) files are still on my HDD, but utorrent refuses to acknowledge them even after I reload the trackers and tried to delete/rerun the torrent.

I was about 80% into downloading a 10+ GB torrent so it's a bit frustrating. I still have the files that completed previously but I'll have to manually check to see which ones finished as utorrent is stating all of them are at 0% completion when they're not.

I have attempted to fix the problem myself but failed. I reinstalled utorrent but it didn't make a difference. I also tried removing the torrent from the list, then moving the files from my download folder into a different folder, then restarting the torrent. After I did this I closed utorrent again and moved the files back into their original place in the download folder, then restarted utorrent. This resulted in the torrent downloading as normal, but the annoying thing is that the program still refuses to see there are incomplete files in the download, and its started it back at 0% (despite as I say, there being some complete and some incomplete files in the folder).

In the past when something similar has happened, utorrent just spends a few minutes checking the file and then resumes it at whatever % it was left at before closing. Whatever effect the powercut had is now stopping it doing this.

Thank you for reading.

Are you referring to System File Checker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_File_Checker) or another program? It asks me to insert the Windows Installation CD when I try to run that which isn't possible for me as my CD-DVD drive hasn't worked for over a year now.

Just to add another fact to my previous post, I was saving the files onto a external HDD. Would I have to do something different to check that HDD as opposed to the default (which I'm assuming is C:\ on my pc)?

It's almost midnight here so I'm gonna have to give this another shot tomorrow evening (the progress bar only made it half way). Thanks though, Dread.

Edit:

Well it finally finished checking through tonight but didn't come up with any errors. What do you suggest for my next step?

Archived