Upgrading from Win XP to Win7, moving utorrent

bbbl67@yahoo.com

You need to copy the folder created for the user and copy that back into the user folder that previous contained the new installed utorrent folder and replace those data in there and once you start ut again it will find and restart those torrents. It should work for all version. I went from 1.8.5 to 2.0 and by copying the data folder back into the newly created data folder created by the new Ut install and ran Ut again and it just required some tweaks with the new interface and all was working fine.

You need to copy the folder created for the user and copy that back into the user folder that previous contained the new installed utorrent folder and replace those data in there and once you start ut again it will find and restart those torrents. It should work for all version. I went from 1.8.5 to 2.0 and by copying the data folder back into the newly created data folder created by the new Ut install and ran Ut again and it just required some tweaks with the new interface and all was working fine.

That's what I did. Though the new install picked up all of the settings from the old install, it didn't populate the screen with the old torrents. The old torrents were also copied over.

Edit: I found a backup of the files from a couple of weeks before, and this time it worked. Not sure what happened, maybe the first set were corrupt?

Archived