utorrent lost everything

ezilzha

a few days ago I was prompt by the program to upgrade to 2.0. I tried & it failed. I didn't think anything of it.

It tried to upgrade a while later & failed again, no matter.

Then I closed the program for 2 days (so to speed up a different program.

When I reopened the utorrent, all of my trackers were gone.

I looked in the temp folder & everything is still there.

I uninstalled & reinstalled from the site (the 2.0 ver.) - still no good - no trackers.

I went to find new stuff to download & when I found some I put it in the program, but nothing connects. the best I get is 0.5% & not even that, not in all the links (I have 5 in my list now,)

I never changed any of my settings. Up till a few days ago everything was working fine.

I have WinXP, router (Di-524), the bandwidth is set correctly.

I went through the different manuals in the site & everything is checked ok.

I saw that some other people experienced the same thing the same time as me,but they got no answer as to what could be wrong.

Will I get an answer?

I really miss my downloads, plus, I don't really want to change programs & start downloading stuff again.. I'm almost at the end of stuff.

sorry, torrents, you're right.

I am standing on "all" & there's nothing there. They indeed spontaneously removed themselves.

Like I said, I can see all the files & folders that are in need to download in the Temp folder, but it seems the program can pull it from there & make it look like torrents to be downloaded.

I checked the pathway & nothing changed - it still says that completed files should go to incoming & pending downloading files should go to temp.

bandwidth management?

I have my download set on "indefinite" & the upload on 1k (the lowest possible) & still.. nothing connects (the new torrents I downloaded after installing ver. 2.0)

I'd like to say once again: I haven't changed a thing.

I just closed the program for 2 days (something I do from time to time). This has never happened to me before & I am at lost.

Same just happened to me. First time I've been on this forum....came here specifically for this issue.

I updated to V 2.0 ( build 18296) 2 weeks ago so for that time all was fine. I didn't change nor play with any of the settings. This morning the utorrent list was completely blank.

ps I'm running winxp 64 ... ezilzha what os are you on?

nope.. that didn't help.

it didn't help the current tries of download & it most certainly did not return my previous torrents.

I'm more concerned as for the missing torrents than the inability to connect & download.

do you have any idea as to my torrents disappeared from the download list but they still exists in the temp folder & how do I get them back to the download list?

ange7: I'm running on XP Professional Version 2002, SP 3. Does that answer your question?

tried it.. doesn't work.

tried to delete the extension (.part, .part.met & .part.met.bak) & it's didn't work.

tried to upload these files anyways... & it didn't accept it as torrents either (& these files are partly loaded files that I have downloaded using the utorrent).

either I didn't understand (though I followed instructions to the letter) or something is seriously wrong.

DWK:"Getting them back is easy, migration guide from the documentation section of the site."

Yep this would work in my case... I have a directory called "torrents" and I could use "file / add torrent" to repopulate my main screen but having to individually set download location for every torrent to tell utorrent that the data already exists would be a pain. Something I'd rather not start until I'm 100% sure there's no other way to sort it out.

This can't be the first ( and second) time this has happened to anyone.

E:"I'm running on XP Professional Version 2002, SP 3. Does that answer your question?"

yep... just wondering what the common denominator was and hoping that could help others here find a solution

I don't have emule files in the folder I'm looking at.

The emule is installed on C, whilst the utorrent is installed on D.

I know where my programs are installed and how to find the different files and folders.

I guess there's no escape but to uninstall utorrent and switch to a different program altogether, as u seem to not understand and know what is going on & where did my downloads go (& so did some of others who have reported this bug and did not get a normal reply)

E:

"(& so did some of others who have reported this bug and did not get a normal reply)"

Don't add me to your llist of "others". I can see my files on my system. I just wanted to know why my list disappeared...seemed pretty random to me but Dread guys advice worked for me... ie batch migration.

Archived