internet explorer 8 + utorrent 2.0 = a pain in the ass

deadlowtide

hey has anyone else had the same problem, i upgraded to utorrent 2.0 and that was fine. when i upgraded to internet explorer 8 thats when everything went wrong and now im stuck with no ideas how to fix it.

when i go to open utorrent it takes about a minute, then to open the page another minute .. and to change tabs or scroll it takes forever then it just ends up not responding then a nice long wait before i can close and reopen.

i didnt upgrade the internet explorer myself, does anyone know what settings might have been changed or why the two dont work together. its been days of struggling to fix this myself, so now i need some professional help, please and thank you :)

Hey man Ive been having the same problem for the last year. I thought it was my old motherboard causing the problem. Well I upgraded my whole PC.. mobo, cpu, ram, hard drive, videocard...

Anyways I formated and my net was fast I was kinda scared to install utorrent. I went 2 weeks happy and figured screw it ill install it and try it out. Well my IE started crapping out again. Thats when utorrent isn't even running. Well I uninstalled utorrent and IE still was slow and couldn't connect half the time. Sites take for ever to load.

I figured Ill format again and check it out. Bam my IE is fast as hell again for a week. Guess what I was bored and tried utorrent again... Same problem all over again.

What setting does utorrent change in IE or the registry that is causing this to happen?

I cant believe more ppl arnt having this problem. It happens in windows 7 as well as XP.

I can't believe that you aren't providing the information requested.

I'm running on windows 7 with uTorrent 2.0 and I'm fine.

wtf, i post a topic and go out and do stuff and you get upset, you think ima wait around for someone to respond? and i never said i had windows 7, and you never said anything about my security programs after i answered, and im certainly not searching thru a thousand pages of topics that arent related to my problem and faqs that wont help cuz i already searched and wasted enough time.. ill come back and try and figure out why my shit isnt working another day. oh and i dont mean back to this forum, ive found it to be quite useless and irrelevant to my situation.

as a matter of fact, ive gotten more helpful feedback from the torrent tracking site demonoid.com then here, so do me a favour and delete this topic.

no im not complaining about you, but what the fuck is with "i never claimed to be nice" thats the stupidest things ive seen, you must be semi retarded to think thats funny or clever. and way to prove my point again, you are so unhelpful, posting more useless links. i got my problem fixed from some real helpful ppl at demonoid.com.

i just want to suggest 2 things then ill never post another comment on this useless forum, either change that stupid little catch phrase of yours, or change the way you try to help ppl, no more copy and pasting, try a little harder .. seriously.

Archived