fluctuating download speeds

dville

I noticed when downloading the the speed contantanly go up and down whether uploading or downloading. I am contected to seeds and the fluctuation is drastic. From the same seed i can go from 50 KB's downloading to 0 KB's and then back to 50 in a matter of 10 seconds. The fluctation was constant througout the entire download. I am now a seed and when uploading the same pattern persist. I have been using bitcomet and did not have this issue. I am guessing that it may be a configuration problem. My max speeds are 310 down/54 up. with bitcomet I would get consistant speeds of 250 down when downloading and 50 up when up loading. I am using uTorrent because the site I am on Banned Bitcomet. any suggestions would be helpful. I have alread done all the tweaks and have tested my speed. the only variable diffent is uTorrent 1.4. I also notice people contantly appearing and dissapearing in the peers window. Why would they connect downlaod and then dissappear when I am a seed? I have all the files so it seems to reason that they would stay connected untill the download is complete.

About frequent connect/disconnect. A peer knows you are a seed only after it has connected to you and vice versa. So, any seed connecting to another seed would know it only after connecting. That's why you get many connect/disconnect attempts, even from seeds you connected to earlier.

When you poll the tracker, it will tell you how many seeds and peers there are but it will not tell you which one is a seed and which one is a peer, you'll have to find out yourself by first connecting to it.

Archived