Default Button

RaVeN

http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_is_AppData.3F

I guess a default button would make things a little easier, but I don't think it'd be easier by much. Deleting the settings.dat is quick and painless =]

Also, previously, people were unable to access µTorrent (crash on open) until they deleted their settings.dat, so if people got used to resetting from within the GUI, they'll be lost if such a thing occurs. Easier to learn now than panic later ;P

Yeah, settings.dat contains the statistical data. I'm not sure if resume.dat should contain it either, since the file seems volatile... maybe a separate file (oh boy... yet another file to worry about xP) would do... Not a big deal though, I can live with resetting my statistics =P

RaVeN: negative. I've just deleted a torrent myself, and upon selecting the torrent, right-clicking on it, selecting Remove And ▶ Delete .torrent + Data, everything that had to be removed got deleted (including the one in %AppData%). I'm not sure what kind of problems you're dealing with, but this is a non-issue with Build 428. I suggest you test it again. :/

RaVeN: negative. I've just deleted a torrent myself, and upon selecting the torrent, right-clicking on it, selecting Remove And ▶ Delete .torrent + Data, everything that had to be removed got deleted (including the one in %AppData%). I'm not sure what kind of problems you're dealing with, but this is a non-issue with Build 428. I suggest you test it again. :/

must be the "store .torrent files in" then, cauze it deletes mine and i have not a single .torrent anywhere else in the HD that is not the folder i store 'em in

Archived