If skins won't load

eduardo_b

In a previous thread I noted that I couldn't get skin components to load by restarting µTorrent despite having the properly named files in the correct folder - AppData\µTorrent. It turns out that, at least with my XP Pro machine, simply restarting µTorrent is not sufficient. Restarting the computer and then restarting µTorrent results in the skin components appearing in the UI. Either the instructions in the Skins Guide are incomplete or there's something about my machine (Dell) that is different.

/edit

One other possibility is that µTorrent is still running despite having been closed, but the tray icon doesn't show. Restarting the computer would have the effect of truly restarting µTorrent.

If µTorrent were running in the background, then it would complain if you next tried to open another instance. Unless, of course, you ran with the /RECOVER commandline option, but that would detect and use the new skin files.

As I said to you in another thread, something else must be causing this, because it works fine on any other machine I've tested. For example, maybe the files were somehow cached, so that the next time µTorrent tried to request the files, it was returned the cached copy rather than the copy on disk. I've no idea why that would ever be so, but it's always a possibility.

Archived