Used to have great Speeds, now i don't

ad123

Hi i recently installed windows 7 and set up utorrent the way i used to have it (i will go into more detail later :)) I got my usual great speeds as i did on my old OS (Vista). Then about 2 days ago it suddenly went down to 5 kB/s at the best, and i didn't change anything.

So a run through of my settings:

I am Running Win 7 32bit Home Premium

with a Huawei Hg520b router (supplied by my ISP)

my ISP is Talk Talk UK based

I am on a wireless G connection and have no troubles with online web browsing, downloading through web browser and online gaming

I have the green tick at the bottom of my screen, and the speed test works displaying my upload at 943.71 kbit/s and my download at 5.76 Mbits/s

I set my wireless adapters I.P to static: 192.168.1.2, the subnet mask at: 255.255.255.0, the default gateway to: 192.168.1.1 and my DNS to 192.168.1.1. (note all these setting used to work perfectly)

i have then gone into my routers settings and enabled NAT ports (only way i can port forward) and set up port 55555 both TCP and UCP. i have SPI disabled and my router firewall enabled - and i've tried it off as well, all anti-virus is set to allow utorrent and particularly that port (i have also tried many other ports but get similar results)

I can't think of anything more,

Thanks in advance

ad123

Not knowing what files your downloading to cause the slow down makes it hard to know what is going on. Also did you try to download OpenOffice and see how the speeds for it are like? Could also be your ISP is throttle the p2p connection as well. What speed settings did you choose for Ut on your setting? If your getting drops like that then one reason could be the seeder is limiting seeding or comes and goes.

Archived