Please Help Me!

EP711

OK, I was stupid and watched a utube video on how to make utorrent faster and now my download was at 300kbs and now it 70-100kbs. If i delete the settings files (dat and old) from the application data folder to reset to default will my download be screwed up or deleted...etc?

What version are you using and did you configure it for your bandwidth speed test setup? I would stay away from delete the data file unless you know which one your deleting cause those data files also are part of your torrent files data file themselves and if you delete them your torrent might start from 0 again. Just change your speed setting on the bandwidth setting test and go from that. There no such thing as utube making it faster unless you have Fiber connection. You speed is limited not only by your bandwidth but hardware and wires and how fast the seeders speed is and line conditions. So there are factors you can't control when downloading.

well then what is the default settings in the prefrences menu that would help me bcuz i cannot lose this download, and i am not very computer savy so i try my best but i dont know all the terms that are used so if possible if someone can explain what and how to get my speed back to normal

btw i am using version 2.0

It's in your Ut menu when you start it's one of those click down menu and there should be one that is speed or bandwidth settings I don't recall as I am not a my computer right now. But that is where you change your bandwidth setting to match your ISP bandwidth you pur chased or subscribed to and from there Ut will automatically make the settings changes. As DreadWingKnight says deleting your data amounts to starting all over again especially if you have only 10% left to finish.

I used the setup guide and it changed some stuff and it went up to about 100kbs for like a minute then back to 50kbs wen i started this download is was going at 300-400kbs idk what to do anymore....other than wait another day when i need this download... Also am i able to view some of my download since it is at 90% or does it download portions of the files and cannot be viewed untill the entire torrent is finished? Also if i ran the setup guide again and used a different location than i used before would that help at all? I am in Wisconsin and I used the Chicago one, maybe if i used one a little farther away would that help?

Archived