Optimistic unchoke

imatok

Hi,

What is the meaning of the 'O' letter in the peers tab?

Does it mean that this client is picked by the optimistic unchoke algorithm, and my client is ready to upload to him?

Another question related to this issue:

If the swarm contains only one peer/seeder (except me) the optimistic unchoke algorithm is still active?

* Imato .K. *

O = Optimistic Unchoke Upload Slot.

"If the swarm contains only one peer/seeder (except me) the optimistic unchoke algorithm is still active?"

Yes, and it's so obnoxious that it stops uploading to that 1 peer sometimes to "randomly choose another". (...the same one of course!)

If you're running with more than 1 upload slot per torrent and uTorrent actually abides by that setting, uTorrent won't randomly unchoke the lone peer to use the Optimistic unchoke.

If it is using Optimistic unchoke, the single peer will almost immediately get unchoked...but can take >10 seconds (or even over 5 minutes/never due to bugs in uTorrent v2.x) to start downloading from you again.

I'm sorry but I didn't understand...

If i'm running with more than 1 upload slot per torrent, and there is only a single peer in my peer list,

uTorrent disconnects the active connection with that peer, just to start uploading to him again in a few seconds?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Archived