Can someone PLEASE tell me how to set up a static ip WITHOUT..

Euterpe

using the portforward.com guide since the advice I've gotten on here seems to say it is wrong. It states that ' The ip address you choose should end with a number between 1 and 254, and should not be the same as the router's ip address.' So if my IP is .127 I'll go with 128 but I've been told this is wrong because I "shouldn't be setting your static IP address up in the range your router gives out". So I try setting in DOWN it range but that doesn't work either.

I've done it dozens of times before. It worked with the last version of utorrent I had, but since I've upgraded to 2.0 it just won't work.

The router's DHCP range should be adjustable.

Shrink that down to maybe 10-40 ips.

Then put your computer's static LAN ip above or below that.

Obviously, your computer's static LAN ip shouldn't be the same as the router's...nor should it end in .0 or .255

Beyond that, it's all good.

Do you mean the The starting IP Address? (which is what I get when I go into my router settings under DHCP Server) It is .100. I set it to .30. Set the static ip to .32 but that didn't work. I also tried setting it down to .29 and that didn't work either. I'm either getting the yellow 'no incoming connections' sign or the red 'listen error' sign. I have a wireless connection and it says the DHCP is not enabled.

UPDATE: It's been a few days and it doesn't seem like I am going to get a response so I will post a more specific question elsewhere.

Archived