Post Your Record Download Speed

rcnitrous7

My boss opened a port range for me and I'm getting 4.5MiB/s download and upload speeds here at work :P

My workstation here isn't that great either:

Sempron 64 3000+

1GB DDR PC2700

GeForce MX400

40GB Seagate Barracuda

D-Link 10/100/1000 Ethernet

2x AvidAV 17" 1280x1024 8ms LCD monitors

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay i have been using utorrent for awhile now, but this being my first post ill pass on my experience of it...

10Mbit Down 512kB Up

ISP - NTL UK

When i first started using Utorrent my speeds were not that great (yeah im talking about a 10Mbit connection here so they aint that great), around 390kB/s download on average, but after following the advice on this forum, by using TCP Optimizer, correcting my settings, getting rid of that damn disk overload error...oh and patching the TCPIP.SYS file...while im on that subject, it dont matter if you patch it or not!!! Just means you "kinda" connect to them quicker and im all for that :P

Either way my connection now averages on a decent torrent which isnt be killed by non sharing leechers at around 500kB/s to 600kB/s.. and on a Ubuntu torrent at 1.2Mb/s as long as i drop the upload speed cause my router cant handle it lol :D

Not bad for a shitty 3 year old sony laptop and a even shitter Buffalo router! But with a 100Mb by the end of next year and a Gigabit for 2010 from NTL im looking forward to the next few years :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived