uTorrent Processes not Closing

kamegami

win7 x64

asked did i want to upgrade to latest ver of utorrent, upgraded as saw no reason to doubt it would be a

better ver. Then i went on my merry way, and when i tried to shut down utorrent the usual way. i noticed it was still running in backround. Watched it for about 5 mins and it was still running? so did what i normally would do and ended the process. thats when my nightmare started.

Could not shut it off.. so after a few tries.. start shutdown ..shutdown.... hmm pc wont shut down check the Task manager- only process running is .. you guessed it Utorrent.

So hit the power button... and i get the system is waiting for utorrent to close... after 10 mins .. i came back to see if the pc was off.. and its still waiting for utorrent to close??????

I tried to close it for over an hour, before i turned the pc off in frustration. i thought if i downgraded to the original utorrent it would fix it.. but Noooo getting the same

utorrent is not closing. rang a friend in Ms to see if he could figure it out for me, recreated the problem and as it happens utorrent.. behaves its self .. just my luck.. so booted the pc this morning and i get "utorrent is still running" ???? So with out being on, and with seemingly no power, some how utorrent

has stayed working overnight with out the pc being on....... Creepy or what.

Oh yes ver of Ut is 3.3 alpha build 27280 32bit atm.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm it. 3.3.0.27541. It is extremely annoying as uTorrent rechecks data for several hours if process is killed that way.

Process Explorer performance graph: http://wgh.torlan.ru/ss/1341397763-Pc.png

Activity seen in Process Monitor:

- weird registry queries for some UI settings

- attempts to read something from UDP sockets "connected" to former peers

Memory dump generated with Process Exporer is available.

Archived