uTorrent Processes not Closing

kamegami

Directed here from Utorrent 2.0 Hangs on Windows 7 32 bit

Update: Intermittent hang is a different issue. Further details in above thread.

Since uT 2.0, I have been able to duplicate the intermittent freeze on Windows 2008 x32 & x64, 2008 R2 x64 and Windows 7 x64.

When the freeze occurs, the uTorrent GUI becomes unresponsive for about 1-2 minutes and then returns to normal operation. In the bandwidth graph in uTorrent, no break is seen however in Windows Task Manager network traffic drops to zero for the duration of the hang.

The freeze appears to repeat at periodic intervals of fixed length. The Windows Task Manager Network tab shows a consistent pattern in a ratio of about 6:50 (frozen:functional, using the vertical ticks of the task manager graph).

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the hanging issue with this bug. I had IPv6 disabled on my machine. However, as soon as I re-enabled IPv6, the uTorrent process finally terminated. It seems it doesn't like it when IPv6 is disabled on my W7 machine. I am on 2.0.3 beta.

Just wanted to post here and say I had this problem on a Win 7 x64 machine running build 19648.

I was comparing performance one day between bandwidth management enabled and disabled and found that with it disabled uTorrent closes normally now.

I did some restarts to recheck and confirm this.

• 2 weeks later...

@Firon

I followed the tutorial to replace TCPIP.SYS, but when the system is rebooting, the Win replace the file to original again.

when I tested without rebooting the system, ehe uTorrent appear works fine, closing the processes when you close the program.

It's normal Windows fix the TCPIP.SYS replaced when you rebooting the system?

There a way to make the win keep the "FIXED TCPIP.SYS" when system is rebooted?

P.S.: SORRY MY BAD INGLISH

Archived