uploads restricted to torrentfile size

skylinekiller

I have 100MB ISP both upload and download. When I send a file to a friend he downloads at about 1.2mbs but if I send him a mulitimovie pack, it downloads at real slow speeds. Like no matter how I send my friends the torrent files, the speed is restricted per torrent file. Now when I download something off a private site it screems at 9mb's... How can I fix this. I eventually want to set up a server with differetn accounts.

Have you configured your global connections/upload slots and connections/upload slots per torrent for your connections? Sounds to me like your connection can take a bit of abuse but your upload slots and maximum connections are set too low... Not sure though, just a guess. Not sure what the recommended values are for 100up/100down

In Preferences, BitTorrent you have Bandwidth Management disabled...so you're not using uTP peers/seeds. (Also shows up in advanced as bt.trans_disposition = 5)

Teredo/IPv6 and native IPv6 you'd have to check in Windows.

But you probably weren't using them to your friend.

So that means you almost certainly were using an ordinary IPv4 ip, as was your friend.

Archived