Jump to content

Woot Utorrent delivers again(speed prob fixed)


Mrmitas

Recommended Posts

Ive been suffering horrid speeds, mind you im on a 3g 7.2mbit modem. I used to be able to crank out 300->400kb/sec, and was happy with that. Since win 7 64bit install ive been at 10kb/sec. Been messing with portforwarding thinkin that was the problem. My knowledge of theese things are limited at best. After reading a post from a Vista 64bit user pointing out a restriction concering something called "halfopen connections" i checked the beta changelog, and it named that it fixed this prob on win 7. So i installed beta and can happily report im back to my modest 300kb/sec :-)

Thanks for adressing this in the beta guys.

Edit; Seems i got to carried away. The next time i started uTorrent, the problem was back. After trying to get speeds up for a few hours with patchers, portforwarding etc. I decided to see if it was my antivirus, even though i manually set it to alowe utorrent. I uninstalled Avast, and installed a demo of Norton Antivirus. I can now happily say that my speeds are back to normal.

Hope it stays that way now.

(Ps: This post is for that small chance that someone else is going though the same)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...