Error: Can't open .torrent file:<filename>

redneck_momma

i hope im in the right place. i searched for this and cant find it. i already contacted the site i downloaded the files from and have not heard back. these were files being seeded. i found the files and clicked to try to reload them, and i get a message asking if i want to add the tracker to my file. i click yes and nothing happens. what should i do to start these files seeding again?

thank you

ok i fixed this, but it took a while to figure out. i was looking at funny pics on the web (not lolcatz i hate those) and i got redirected to a site that said "scanning computer" and "find files disc cleaner misses". well i tried to get rid of it cause i was afraid of NTDs (netualy transmitted diseases) but my mcafee was updating and that uses all my cpu so it froze for a minute. when i finally got it down i checked for internet herpes, and thankfully i didnt have any. but, when i opened my opera (yes im weird) i noticed that my skin was gone. this site had scanned my laptop and deleted files. fun fun. all my opera skins were gone, all my widgets were gone, my bookmarks were empty, and my notes were missing. i didnt put that together w/ the utorrent problem till i talked to my friend. there is a folder (windows 7 path) c:users/<username>/appdata/roaming/utorrent that has torrent files of the things you are downloading/uploading. it cleaned it out and so utorrent wasnt reading them right. what i did, was remove the file from utorrent (dont remove and), found the EXACT same file (because i dont save them i just open them) and started it up again. it checked it up to 99.8% then it said downloading for a minute or so then started seeding again. i got REALLY lucky thats all that happened! it sure was a pain though...

Archived