Something strange just happened, all torrents disappeared

bbbl67@yahoo.com

Just a little while ago Windows 7 which had been running fine for about a month or so, just became unresponsive. It wasn't a BSOD or anything, just some programs wouldn't startup or shutdown, many things just seemed to be silently stuck, though you could click on other things and they would respond properly. Somethings you couldn't even kill with Task Manager! Utorrent seemed fine though, it responded fine. So anyways, I shut utorrent down manually, and then rebooted the OS. When I came back, I found that the OS started reinstalling a couple of USB device drivers for devices that it should already have known about. And then some file associations were no longer valid, and you had to rerun those applications to get them to reinstate the file associations again. Weird.

But the weirdest of all was of course my utorrent, because that's why I'm here. When it restarted, it no longer had any torrent files in its list any longer! Every seeding task, every download task, every finished task was gone! It's as if it was a brand newly installed utorrent, although it did seem to retain its speed settings and other configuration settings as before. I looked inside the %appdata%\utorrent directory, and all of the torrent files are still in there. How do I repopulate my utorrent task list with these existing torrents?

I would like to ask for help with this issue too. I have been running Windows 7 for about a month and a half and have had a couple of crashes with software/hardware completely independent of uTorrent. Yesterday for example, my wireless connection dropped and when diagnosing connection problems Windows hung. I restarted my computer but after reboot uTorrent had lost all my torrents. Not only this, but uTorrent was completely reset as though I had clean installed. I'm thinking maybe Windows restored the computer to an earlier state but without asking me or telling me? This seems pretty stupid but if anyone can help that would be awesome.

I restarted my computer but after reboot uTorrent had lost all my torrents. Not only this, but uTorrent was completely reset as though I had clean installed. I'm thinking maybe Windows restored the computer to an earlier state but without asking me or telling me? This seems pretty stupid but if anyone can help that would be awesome.

Yes, that's what it seemed like to me as well, that somehow Windows had reverted to a previous "known good configuration", even though that's not what I had chosen originally. I just told it to restart normally. I later tried going through "last known good configuration" and it seemed like the current system configuration and the LKGC were one and the same now.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

ok, similar problem, woke up morning, seems like a power surge reseted the PC, open up utorrent, the list is gone.

I've search around the forums, it seems when the reset happens when uT is writing on the "resume.dat", the file becomes corrupted.

now my question is, is there ANY way of restoring stuff without doing it manually? because It's gonna be a pain in many places if I have to reopen 700 torrents.

now my question is, is there ANY way of restoring stuff without doing it manually? because It's gonna be a pain in many places if I have to reopen 700 torrents.

Judging by how long ago I had placed this question originally, I'd say there's no answer to it.

What I ended up doing was reclicking all of the torrents in the %appdata%\utorrent folder one at a time. It was a pain but at least they were all in the same location. And all of your saved ratios are gone.

Archived