Speed greater then 200 MBit\s

donlexington

hi all.

first of all sorry my bad English.

I search solution to solve the problem with speed limit. I don't understand why utorrent can not overcome a limit in 200 MBit for upload.

on FTP I can easily load LAN connection to full gigabit, but utorrent doesn't work with same success

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand, which of "some things" need to disable. I try to change all of recommended settings in various combinations and still have limit.

the guided help topic (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=58404) is less useful for me unlike internet users. in my case if allow 20 global connections(gc) and they are using for each separate upload than I have 20 users with download speed ~10-15 MBit\s per user (on 1G link). and if use 40 (gc) than I have 40 users with ~5-8 MBit\s each. all users have channel 100 MBit.

Disable UPnP, NAT-PMP, Resolve IPs, possibly also disable DHT, Local Peer Discovery, uTP, and even Teredo/IPv6.

The 100 mbit/sec upload settings assume a very fast line seeding/downloading with lots of (much) slower ADSL and Cable lines.

You can probably get away with setting upload slots as high as max connections per torrent, since if your line "bothers" to connect to someone...it might as well upload to them also.

"in my case if allow 20 global connections(gc) and they are using for each separate upload than I have 20 users with download speed ~10-15 MBit\s per user (on 1G link). and if use 40 (gc) than I have 40 users with ~5-8 MBit\s each. all users have channel 100 MBit."

Speeds in uTorrent are reported in KiloBYTES/second and MegaBYTES/second.

Where were you reading "10-15 MBit\s" or "5-8 MBit\s"?

even if so, but higher 200 MBit/s does not rise.

however my client forcedly uses TCP connection only. it is guaranteed by setting bt.transp_disposition = 5

bt.transp_disposition: This option controls µTorrent's level of bias towards using TCP or uTP for transporting data (assuming the peer at the other end of the connection supports both transport protocols). The following is a list of the accepted values:

1 allows µTorrent to attempt outgoing TCP connections

2 allows µTorrent to attempt outgoing uTP connections

4 allows µTorrent to accept incoming TCP connections

8 allows µTorrent to accept incoming uTP connections

16 tells µTorrent to use the new uTP header. This is an improved communication header, but is not backwards compatible with clients that do not understand it.

This option is interpreted as a bitfield, so values can be added together to obtain a combination of behaviors. Setting this value to 255 guarantees that all behaviors are enabled.

"even if so, but higher 200 MBit/s does not rise."

I don't understand you...

Others *HAVE* gotten uTorrent to work even with 1 gbit/sec symmetric lines at > 20 MegaBYTES/second speeds.

I don't know if you've disabled Teredo/IPv6.

Did you try changing the Disk Cache settings?

Archived