Moving old DL'd files to a new configured location on another HD

Denis JB

I am a new member of your community, I also am retired and have been medically retired for over 30 years. I find your program very good to keep me busy and I get good satisfaction from it. It was easy to get it working, but I ran into a glitch, not from your program.

When I installed it, I let it use it's default setup, no problem! The problem was that my primary hard drive has a small capacity and after 28 DL's, I saturated it, with no more room to DL filles! Now my secondary hard drive has a very, very large capacity, so I reconfigured the uTorrent to put the "New" and "Completed" files in it, it worked!

Now on the main window of uTorrent, at the lower section, in the "General tab", under (General) > Save As:, is the where the file is located, plus it's file name. Can this be edited, so I can move my 28 files from the primary to the secondary hard drive, or is there another way of moving the files from there to the secondary HD without causing any errors? By the way I would like to keep my DL'd files in uTorrent for "Seeding" purposes if I can.

Sorry for the trouble!

Denis JB

Stop the 28 torrents jobs, move the data from your old HD to the new one, right click on torrent jobs, Advanced > Set Download Location, then choose the folder where you have moved the data.

Or you can use a faster procedure.

Use the freeware BEncode Editor (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306), edit resume.dat (in folder %appdata%\utorrent) and use the ability "find/replace" to change en-masse the path of your 28 torrents, then save resume.dat.

NB: make a backup copy before editing resume.dat.

Archived