Recheck torrent after moving files to another drive - how to disable?

GCRaistlin

Is there a way to disable recheck after moving torrent's files to another drive and restart seeding? It's very annoying when you move a lot of gigabytes, takes a lot of CPU power and makes HDDs working hard. Now I'm forced to edit resume.dat in HIEW to avoid this useless recheck...

Any activity that changes which drive the data is on could cause corruption somewhere along the way

It could be just in case of a hardware issue, isn't it? But let's suppose that we copy torrent's files from one folder on the drive to another one on the same drive, then delete source folder, then point torrent to the target fodler as new download location. Or we enable NTFS compression on the folder torrent's files are in. Same HDD activity, same possibility of data damage, but - no recheck, right?

Besides that there are symlinks - if a torrent points to some folder on C: it doesn't really mean that its files physically located on C:.

On the other hand if there's no problems with hardware and if the equipment is under UPS protection then chances of data corruption is very low.

I don't mean that recheck isn't needed at all - but there should be better way to avoid it (when you're sure what yo do) than editing resume.dat. I believe if you need to move hundreds of gigabytes from one drive to another you will use same tricks to avoid recheck that willl last a couple of hours/days :).

If you kept the same directory structure you had before, change the drive letter assignment.

Not suitable here... I move just a part of folders to another drive.

Switeck

Thanks for the tip. But BEncode editor's working speed is very low... If only drive is needed to change in path, HIEW is better choice. Though more dangerous.

• 3 weeks later...

I renamed my .torrent folder by mistake then it didn't find the .torrent files. So I changed the name back and now my utorrent has amnesia and wants to recheck 2 TB of data. Not sure what to do about it but I think it is a good example of checking where non is needed.

(note: .torrent files do match the hash)

• 1 year later...
I renamed my .torrent folder by mistake then it didn't find the .torrent files. So I changed the name back and now my utorrent has amnesia and wants to recheck 2 TB of data. Not sure what to do about it but I think it is a good example of checking where non is needed.

(note: .torrent files do match the hash)

I second this as I do all my storage of torrent media or content on extenal hard drives, From time to time the drive I am currently torrenting to or leeching/seeding to will come ejected. Due to this I will be forced to have to recheck all files in order to reseed. Is there anyway around this? or will there ever be?

Archived