Massive Overhead

Loomy

As of lately I have noticed a huge amount of overhead in Utorrent. If i am seeding 4 torrents in utorrent, it says my upload is 45kB/s while my download is ~7kB/s. When i go into my bandwidth monitor, my total upload for Utorrent is 75kB/s and my download is 25kB/s.

I have gone through every thread in every subforum on this website, and no suggestion thus far has helped the issue in any way.

For a "Very Tiny" torrent client, the overhead is huge.

I too am having the same issue. I am seeding 5 torrents on a 1.5mb uplink connection and getting 25-30kB/s Upload Overhead. I am downloading ONE torrent on a 18mb/s downlink and the overhead is 20 kB/s. ...Why so much OVERHEAD? It's adding up fast.

DHT is Off

Peer Disc. Off

webui off

Bandwidth management Off

uPnP Off

Never had this problem before the the newest betas.

The overhead counted in the upload section counts overhead for both upload and download. Yes, when you download, you still need to upload packets to say "I got this chunk of data". The more quickly you download, the more such packets you need to send.

Download overhead is network overhead that is incoming. It doesn't matter what the purpose of the incoming packets are -- if they're network overhead, and they're incoming, they're counted under the download overhead.

Similarly, upload overhead is for any outgoing packets that are network overhead -- not part of the BitTorrent payload.

Ok, im currently uploading at 45KB/s and not downloading anything, but U-Torrent is using 20KB/s of my download bandwidth. I have already done every fix even remotely similar to the issue im having and none of them have done anything to help.

Is this a common issue?

Archived