Need help please...

BMJ

Hi,

I used to have a crappy portable internet with not even 1mb speed and used to have up to 500kb download speed.

Now I have a 10mb connection but download hangs around 60kb.

Can somebody tell me what´s wrong ?

Thanks

[13:49:45] * Join (~___@___.cpe.netcabo.pt) has joined #utorrent

[13:51:04] <Join> hi guys. from yesterday to today, I found myself downloading from 1mb/sec to 45kb/sec. I did try reconfiguring utorrent to the ofitial guide, and other non-ofitial.

[14:07:57] <Join> allright, if I try the openoffice torrents and I find myself with a max of 50kb max on downloading will be still my problem

[14:08:03] <Join> going to download one. hold on.

[14:09:24] <Join> downloading for 1 minute...

[14:09:47] <Join> with a max of 20kb

[14:18:59] <&Ultima> http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=netcabo+site:forum.utorrent.com <-- wouldn't be the first time netcabo screwed around with bittorrent

Unless you are "Join" who joined the IRC channel yesterday, then you've basically confirmed that NetCabo is indeed messing around with BitTorrent.

I don't know for sure, at the very least, but I do suspect them. It may well be that they're just rolling out some changes to the network, in which case it may just be temporary... but the worst case scenario is indeed that they are throttling BitTorrent specifically.

Archived