Jump to content

Sudden Change in Download Speeds


Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

I recently upgraded to a new ISP, Bell on their new fibe network, 25mbit line. its their best.

for weeks after, my speeds were up to 2mb/s which is pretty damn good, i know. but in the last few days, i cant seem to get past 100-200kb/s. i know my speed shouldnt be like this

I'm running a Win7 64bit. 4GB, dual core. network is clean, no firewalls or AV, I am DMZed on the router/modem from bell. virus/malware free.

any changes i can think of include switching to 2.0.1, and installing a fresh copy of Win7 Ultimate. i tried going back to 2.0.0, and even 1.8.5, but all seem to give me the same result. i went through the last 10 pages here and tried everything, but no dice.

I always have about 50 torrents D/Ling, all in excess of 1GB, up to 20GB, but it hasnt slowed me down before.

disabling bandwidth management helped a little, so now i can reach up to 250kb/s, but this isnt what im paying 80 bucks a month for.

all torrents have good numbers of seeds/peers, many of those torrents i was DLing before Win7 reinstall, but they seem to have gotten slower on my new copy.

tried it with torrents such as ubuntu, etc, with a strong seed, but still same result.

I was wondering if anyone can think of something I could try, or undo that might fix this problem for me. I might end up reinstalling windows again to see if it was an installation error

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...