µTorrent 2.0.2 released

Firon

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3/4 of the advanced settings and even much of the speed settings can "cause trouble" if set wrong for your line/network.

If I recall correctly, upgrading uTorrent v1.8.x to v2.x automatically changed bt.trans_disposition even if you manually changed that setting before.

So why not Disk Cache settings?

Disabling "reduce memory usage" (2nd checkbox) would seem a smart choice as well, if windows caching is disabled. uTorrent should still limit its disk cache to 32 MB.

Hi there, first I wanted to thank you all for the wonderful work you do with utorrent. But the last release(2.0.1) was a very bitter pill to swallow. The down and upload rate were very low 60KB/s tops(all running torrents together) after a rollback to 2.0 I'm easily getting 1.2MB/s ..... just saying. I'm not a crack so my report is certainly laking.... I'm running Windows 7 64bit. hope the next release fixes my problem

I confirm: the utorrent is VERY slow. Not only in speed, but even more so in interface responsibility.

When downloading the package, my F-Secure also points to the Chrome-browser cache and tells about the contamination by this: http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojan_w32_generic.shtml

Edit: tested and can confirm that uTorrent 2.0.1. build 19078 works just fine. Therefore the problem must be somewhere in the last build.

@moogly

It's white only utorrent window and not responding I must end task and re-open utorrent.

It's have not dump file.

I will test again.

Sorry I'm not strong in English, next time I will come with picture. ^^

Windows 7 Ultimate (x86) (6.1.7600)

Pentium Dual Core E6300

2GB

Admin

Thank you.

@Ondoy - make sure both your advanced->cache->read & write windows caching are disabled (checked)

@seed.helper - so it's only 50% defective ... maybe you can give more details on your PCs configuration if you want a serious answer... and I suggest you try fix your AV + firewall on the "defective" PC to recognize the new version... :P

@painter75 - maybe... try and disable the speed graph legend

@Armathendae - try icreasing the upload limit so to better take your overhead into account

Raise your upload cap. µTorrent calculates overhead and tries to ensure you stay there, even if it means throttling other traffic. So downloading generates upload overhead, and if you cap your upload very low, it will throttle download until the total upload including overhead is at the cap.

This also means that it shows you values closer to the theoretical amount of bandwidth your connection has.

since force-changing this setup (and I believe - for a better one) does effect some users that way, - why don't you just display a first-run readme/message for 2.01 up-graders to take care of re-adjusting their speed limits if required ?

@rafi - maybe... try and disable the speed graph legend

I am not sure it will help nor that I were even able to do this (like I said, the interface was SLOW, so slow that buttons didn't even respond correctly). Anyways, I won't test this suggestion since I am back to the older version and I am very happy with it.

Archived