µTorrent 2.0.2 released

Firon

I upgraded to v2.0.1 a couple of weeks ago, but ever since I did that I can no longer browse the Internet. All the pages I try to visit (in Firefox) time out when I have µTorrent running. I checked the 'transposition' value and it was at 31 (the default).

Is there a setting I could try to avoid it from completely clogging my network?

For now I've reverted to v1.85, and the problems went away immediately.

Please help.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why limiting the download considering the upload ? It worked extremely well before.

Now, it just sucks balls.

Where can i have archived versions 1.8 or 1.9 or even 2.0.0.0.0.0.0, where i don't have to tweak my prefs to have full speed downloads ?

Why did u decide this non sense btw. I do what i want with my connection.

Limits, limits, limits. Extremely disappointed with this version. I've been with uTorrent for years, from 1.1.7, and this one SUCKS in capital letters.

Really unhappy user.

I don't care if you think im ungratefull and unpolite. You turned a nice client into a horse shit.

Firon,

Firstly, I appreciate all time time and effort you and everyone else give ....

The UL stalling issue is almost untenable for users trying to share or maintain a 1:1

(ADSL2+)

The really bizarre thing is if I kick off another DL all the other seeds start seeding faster

then 4-24 hrs after DL completion back to (who am I ? what should I be doing? 10k sounds enough)

If this is screwed fine lets us know to wait for the update, (If you guys know what it is)

Anyway, Thanks in advance

Rafi, I don't like your suggestion for the new version. You claim I should lower my upload speed from maximum to something like 75% or so.

Even after I do that, I cannot surf the Internet properly anymore.

On the other hand, when I use v1.8.5 at unlimited speed, I can still browse the Internet.

Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed with the changes since the people from Bittorrent.com took over.

Disable uTP or get a better router. The only reason you can't surf properly is because your router is crapping out.

As more and more clients implement uTP, it's gonna keep being a problem for you with your current router, though.

iycgtptyarvg:

You claim I should lower my upload speed from maximum to something like 75% or so

It's just poor wording. My intention was that you should usually make it *at least* that much. This is true with default settings (calc_overhead = true) if: A. you have an unbalanced line (say 1:10) B. you like to get full DL speeds. It is also what the uT internal setup-guide suggests.

The more accurate "rules of thumb" should be - make the upload limit at least ~7% of the maximum download you like to have (or >=15% if you are using uTP). The 75% number was to leave some bandwidth for other apps to breath (at least with TCP).

So, living it unlimited - is OK and up to you. The only problem I can see - is that now you are being capped by your ISP max upload, and I believe this release has some issues with calculating overhead under this condition...

wow... you keep track of my posts that long ? ... :) well, they did half the job actually, I think they did post the latest help file there but where too lazy to change the date-text on the site ... :( Also - people do not know they have to rename the file after they download/extract it - to utorrent-201-19248.chm for it to work... :P

Disable uTP or get a better router. The only reason you can't surf properly is because your router is crapping out.

As more and more clients implement uTP, it's gonna keep being a problem for you with your current router, though.

I don't even use a router, so that cannot be it. So, you are saying that if I disable uTP I will be able to upload at maximum speed, and still use the Internet (like v1.8.5)?

If so, please tell me which exact setting I would have to change. Thanks in advance.

I've tested with v2.0.1 with 'Enable bandwidth management' off for some hours now, and I can confirm that I can download and upload at full speed again (20Mb / 1Mb). Also, Internet works perfectly again.

I don't know what is being 'managed', but it clearly doesn't work for some people.

Thanks for the tip. Rafi, perhaps you should put this tip in your FAQ?

20mb/1mb

I had used the above recommendations

calc. overhead false

management off

tcp.control rate false

would not improve.... reboots of everything...

Set trans disposition to 15 (was 21)

MAGIC! it now works?????

I am totally confused with this client is this OK?

Also I just set 4 more as seeding and it stops?

go back to 3 works?

very weird

utorrent v2.0.1.19248

Dropping one torrent command file (for the torrent to load into gui) at a time, works well.

Dropping two or more onto the gui at the same times always exits utorrent. Where previous versions would be ok with doing the same.

using v2.01 b19248

can i uncheck enable bandwidth management (bt preferences) and still maintain in (advanced preferences)

bt trans disposition = 26 (i want it only udp and the new udp)

bt tcp rate control = false

or is bt trans disposition supposed to change when i uncheck enable bandwidth management?

And a more generic question based on FuGGer post

Which is the equivalence matrix of bt.transp_disposition and "enable bandwidth management" ?

For example if I check "enable bandwidth management" I have 31 in bt.transp_disposition?

If I uncheck "enable bandwidth management" what is the number of bt.transp_disposition?

Also the last action matters?

For example if I do it in reverse (set the bt.transp_disposition to some number say 5) and then check "enable bandwidth management" then I have 31 or no at the bt.transp_disposition?

Or the bt.transp_disposition always override the "enable bandwidth management" setting, either checked or not?

Can you clarify?

Thank you

PS. suggestion

Why you not synchronize the two options. I think it is clearer to the end user. If someone checks the "enable bandwidth management" the bt.transp_disposition changes accordingly. If someone need to hack the value and it differs from what "enable bandwidth management" means (my third question about the number), then you uncheck the "enable bandwidth management" automatically if does not correspond to the proper number.

Archived