µTorrent 2.0.2 released

Firon

rafi, bear with me, I'm still struggling with this. For my percentages, I was talking about the % of my overall UL, whereas you were more properly talking about % overhead relative to DL. That aside, I can only increase UL so far so can only test this so much, but how do you explain my overhead raising commensurately with raising my UL limit? In the above example, I doubled UL to 100, my DL wasn't much affected, yet my overhead doubled as well. If I could raise it to 200, would it double again? If so, this is more than simple ACKs.

In v2.00, didn't the "Up Speed" column for each torrent show a real UL value (assuming net.calc_overhead was set appropriately)? Just as v2.01 does? I realize v2.00 didn't have an overall overhead figure.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very slow speed when enable calc.overhead which use by default on 2.0.1. I tested on every version since 1.8.5 when using this option a speed drop down and unstable very much.

And why in Transfer History haven't over head line like before.

rseiler :

but how do you explain my overhead raising commensurately with raising my UL limit?

I cannot, unless you show us the exact conditions, speed-graphs + the special network overhead graphs in the two situations.

Magnet D/L does not abide by the Preferences|Directories for build 18973. In other words, magnet d/l should put the magnet-fetched DHT-based torrent file in the "New downloads/store new torrents Folder" & move the completed D/L & torrents to the "Completed/finished job" folder.

2.01 stable:

1. "send to player": still in there ... :( better get it out of there before 60 million users will ask you what is it for... :P

2. "bt.connect_speed": was 5. Now it's 10 by default. No mention of that in the changelog, though. If it's not an error, and since some routers (and ISPs...) are sensitive to PPS, and... since uTP connections practically doubles it anyways, may I suggest to possibly:

a. get it back to 5 (for XP). Consider reducing the 400 value set for Win7 - as well :(

b. possibly separate uTP & TCP connect-rate controls, use another parameter for uTP and leave it as 5 for ALL OSes.

hmm, wonder if I should update to 2.0.1, heard some trackers blocks it because it's buggy.

I stopped using trackers that block any version of µTorrent because I like testing the latest builds.

There are still some lame trackers out there that won't let you use anything newer than µTorrent 1.6.1. If these paranoid tracker admins want to tell me what software to run then I would rather not use their trackers. And the ones that do block it are usually shitty anyway.

PORT FORWARDING BUG:

Hey i downloaded the latest version, but problem is now Setup Guide shows my PORT isnt FORWARDED... altho earlier version(2.0) said it is Forwarded.. I've even tried Port Test on this website.. here also result ws Positive (i.e. My port is FORWARDED)... So wht could be d problem ?? Is it a bug in Newer Version?

Port: 16120

Firewall: ZoneAlarm (free version), exceptions r made

This stable version is also unusable for me as it's also causing my system to use all available memory.

This happens at (for me) low/normal upload speeds (1MByte/s).

After just a short time, the system is running out of memory and becomes unusable.

You can persist in blaming M$'s caching system, but with v2.0 and earlier I don't have this problem, even at much higher upload speeds (>15MByte/s).

NU.

Why don't you stop answering, if you don't know a proper solution.

You didn't even read what I just wrote (and before) and it starts to piss me off.

IT'S NOT THE WINDOWS CACHING SYSTEM THAT'S TO BLAME HERE!

Disabling the cache does not help.

I try to point uTorrent "developers" at a problem with THIS version compared to earlier releases that do not have this problem in the same circumstances.

You however are not one of them.

NU.

Archived