Can't get uTorrent software to download

dalarson33

Kind of a newbie here...only used uTorrent a couple of times on an older computer.

The old computer ran Windows XP, used Firefox for a browser and had ESET NOD32 anti-virus software. Never had any problems with that configuration. Worked like a champ.

My current laptop runs Windows Vista (please try not to laugh too hard)...and also uses Firefox and ESET NOD32. I can't even get the basic uTorrent freeware to download at all. I click on the link...and then on the one that says to 'click here if your download hasn't begun in 10 seconds'...nothing. I've turned off the firewall...and to my knowledge, the ESET NOD32 settings are such that it should allow the download.

I really feel like an idiot right now...not knowing how to figure this out. Can anyone please help me out? Thanks...

I tried the direct link several times. The same thing happens...that is to say, nothing happens. I click on your link (or the original download button) and it registers that click but then nothing else happens. The browser status in the lower left immediately goes to 'Done'. I even tried opening your link in a new browser tab and even a new browser window. Again...nothing. It's got to be something with my settings...I just have run out of ideas on what to change.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I appreciate it! :)

Thank you moogly and Firon!

I disabled ESET entirely first...and it still wouldn't download with Firefox. Opened up an Internet Explorer window and it downloaded with no problems.

I feel fairly stupid that I didn't think of that myself but I really appreciate your input. Happy torrenting!

Archived