How to restart all my torrents on a new hard drive?

ishel99

I am upgrading the hard drives in a computer that I use for Bittorrent, and if possible I want to resume my file sharing where I left off on the old drives. (I have my programs on Drive C and keep the actual data on Drive E). What is the easiest / most effective way of achieving this, assuming it is possible - I am planning on installing all programs On Drive C from scratch, partly so that I get a nice clean fresh install to start with... and can copy all the data files from old E to new E with no problems.

Will the new install of Bittorrent automatically find and recognize all my torrents if I point the program to the correct location on new Drive E?

What else should I / might I need to do?

Actually, I am using Bittorrent - do I simply copy the whole Program Files\Bittorrent folder across? Should I do an actual install of Bittorrent first, so that it is in the registry, and then replace the Bittorrent folder with the old one?

Replace utorrent by bittorrent in my previous post, that's all. ;)

%ProgramFiles%\uTorrent contains only the executable, it's useless.

Your history and settings are stored by default in %appdata%\utorrent, that's this folder you have to save.

On your fresh OS, install uT, close it, and copy back %appdata%\utorrent. Then reopen uT.

*slaps own forehead and rolls eyes at own stupidity* Of course! The appdata folder! I was too tired to make complete sense of that before, but it makes complete sense now... Thanks a heap, I'm sure that will work just fine. Now all I have to do is get the computer up and running to try it. Thanks for the help!

Archived