Max number of seeding torrents

ace123

Is it possible to set a maximum number of torrents that should be seeded at once (or, up to the bandwidth cap, whichever is more)? If a lot of torrents start seeding at once, the bandwidth can be spread too thin and you can get a bunch of torrents that are transferring at 1 KB or less. Is it possible to limit the number of active seeds to prevent this from happening? Feels like there's a lot more connections/overhead involved with spreading the bandwidth too thin.

I mean /actively/ seeding torrents. Max # of active torrents is just torrents marked with "downloading" or "seeding", I believe... not whether or not the torrents are /actually active/.

For instance, I have many torrents that i want to seed, but are never very active (actual upload occuring). If I limit the number of active torrents, some of these torrents will become queued seed... which means if a leecher ever comes by on one of those, then the torrent won't seed until a /seeding/ torrent meets the ratio requirements and gets stopped. Then one of the queued seeds becomes seeding. That is the problem, since a lot of these seeding torrents won't meet the requirements anytime soon.

Which is why I set max # of active torrents to a high number. Then, all the torrents have the ability to seed immediately when a leecher connects. The problem is when a high number of leechers connect, the bandwidth gets too far spread out over all of the seeding torrents.

In this scenario, i'd much prefer uploading larger amounts of data in a first come first serve basis, instead of the current "distribute to all" which cuts up the bandwidth to ridiculously small portions.

No, it means active. Not started. The default threshold is 1kbyte/s in either direction for it to be considered active. Inactive torrents will be ignored and more torrents will get started until there's enough active torrents.

Archived